Who Can Get Chevening Scholarship
Study in the UK at zero cost. This scholarship covers tuition fees, living costs, to and from travel, and all reasonable expenses in the UK.
Chevening looks for leadership, passion, ideas, and influence to create or provide futuristic solutions. It doesn’t expect a particular type of candidate. If you are an emerging leader with outstanding contribution to society then you can expect to get a Chevening Scholarship to study for a master’s degree in the UK.
The scholarship requires a Chevening scholar to study in the UK with a fully-funded scholarship, and then immediately return to the home country to contribute to the society or nation for at least two years.
The Scope of Chevening Funding
The Chevening scholar will receive financial support for the following:
- Tuition Fees, Visa costs
- Air ticket to and from the UK
- Setup cost for housing
- Books and stationery
- Suitable clothing
- Necessary excess baggage
- Police registration
- Research grant (optional)
- Travel insurance or NHS health surcharge
Remember, your stipend covers reasonable expenses for your studies and living. The amount of your monthly stipend depends on the location you choose to live and the course to study.
- You must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- You must be willing to immediately return to your country for at least two years after completing a master’s degree funded by Chevening
- You must have a bachelor’s degree with Second Division First Class division that is equivalent to 60 to 70 per cent marks
- You must have a minimum of 2800 hours of working experience which is equivalent to two years. The following types of work are accepted: full-time employment, part-time employment, voluntary work, paid or unpaid internships
- You must apply for a one-year master’s degree in at least three British Universities before mid-July
- You must receive an unconditional offer letter from at least one university
|AUGUST 2, 2022|| Application open|
Read Chevening application guidance, and apply via your country/territory’s page.
|NOVEMBER 1, 2022||Application close|
|NOVEMBER 2, 2022||Application sifted|
Read about Chevening’s eligibility criteria.
|MID-NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER 2022||Reading Committee Assessments|
|EARLY TO MID-FEBRUARY 2023||Applicants shortlisted for interviews|
Read the interview guidance
|FEBRUARY TO LATE APRIL 2023||References and education documents deadline|
Read about what Chevening requires from your references.
|27 FEBRUARY TO 28 APRIL 2023||Interviews|
|FROM JUNE 2023||Results|
|13 JULY 2023||Offer Deadline|
The deadline to receive and submit at least one unconditional UK university offer is 17:00 BST (UK time) on 13 July 2023.
|SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2023||Studies begin|
Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK, and enter into an international network they’ll be a part of for the rest of their lives!
You Can Apply for Even a Second Master Degree
In case you already have a master’s degree then do not hesitate to apply to Chevening to study for a second master’s degree.
Our List of UK Universities for Admission
All the UK universities available with us are Chevening Partners. Please check our Study in UK page.
Get Free Advice and Admission Assistance
Contact us for free advice and admission assistance. Our experienced counsellor will help you throughout the Chevening Scholarship process. Write to us via our Contact Us page.