This programme is ideal for individuals looking to develop more critical and theoretical perspectives on a broad range of educational matters. The MA Education provides an excellent opportunity for you to develop both intellectually and professionally.
Successful Masters level study will enable you to further develop and reflect on your practice. Our practice-focused modules, such as ‘Reflecting on Practice’, will allow you to reflect critically on aspects of your own practice, and widen your understanding of the latest teaching developments and education research at local, regional, national and international levels. For example, we believe our MA teaching fits well with the latest government strategies and policies published under the Teacher Recruitment and Retention Strategy and the Early Career Framework. We would anticipate that the programme will prepare you to make positive changes in your learning communities and to become an effective mentor for both, early career and more experienced colleagues.
Undertaking our MA will enable you to demonstrate to employers a level of critical and intellectual rigour, which can place you at the forefront of developments in practice. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate the capacity for sustained and systematic engagement with current evidence-driven curriculum, pedagogy, assessment and contemporary policy matters. This can potentially put you in a stronger position for progression, promotion and leadership in education.
DURATION: 1-year full-time
SUBJECT AREAS: Education
FEES (2021/22 ACADEMIC YEAR): £16,000
SCHOLARSHIPS: £1,000 to £10,000
The aims of the programme will enable you to:
- Demonstrate systematic knowledge and critical awareness of a range of educational theories and issues that reflect your chosen specialisations;
- Communicate effectively to specialist and non-specialist audiences through higher level writing and presentation skills;
- Critically reflect upon an array of educational practices and policies (including your own practice, where appropriate);
- Draw upon appropriate theories, methodologies, practices and a wide range of evidence to design and undertake small-scale independent research on an educational issue of your choice.
- Research-led teaching.
- Emphasis of robust theoretical understanding and strong practice and policy focus.
- Engage with highly qualified, experienced academics working at the forefront of their fields.
- Excellent student support and supervision.
- Opportunities to engage with policy and the wider social world through social media initiatives and public engagements.